‘Even your resistance is manna from heaven’
- Read all the steps and notes below before starting this meditation.
- Get comfortable and completely relax remaining as still as you can. Notice your body breathing as if for the first time.
- Don’t be concerned if your mind is racing or thinking of this or that – let it – just choose to focus on your breathing for now
- Regardless of the activity in your mind, dedicate the next fifteen minutes to allowing yourself to experience whatever comes up for you whether it’s thoughts, feelings, visions or emotions.
- Set a timer for 15 minutes (choose a gentle alarm!) and start when you are comfortable and ready.
- Allow everything in this present moment, no matter how negative or how positive. Nothing is wrong or ‘shouldn’t be’. There are no mistakes, there’s just what is!
- Rejoice with curiosity any thoughts that may come up and allow them space to breath..
- Without any effort or striving, know that each thought form is not just a chaotic, random occurance but carefully prepared nourishment for your growth.
- Like the beauty of a rose needs the nourishment of manure, respect the process and let it happen. One needs the other.
- Do this every day of the week