In today’s session, we focus on the sensations in our body to experience who we are in the present moment. When asked “who are you?” we may use words to convey a concept of who we are: ‘l’m a teacher’, ‘I’m a happy person’ l’m a very busy person’ and inevitably, they focus on past or future thought patterns. There’s nothing wrong with these descriptions but they cannot convey the true depth and mystery of who who you really are. We can, however experience a rest from such mind activity and become aware of our being in the present moment. This meditation can help us to take time out and replenish our energy by focusing on only what is taking place right now. Even a short time spent being aware of the present moment can have a positive impact on the rest of the day. So welcome, and enjoy your mini mind holiday!
20 min. meditation using the breath as an anchor to the present moment. unhooking from thoughts about the past and future.
The source of the universe is big enough to embrace all of you – the good, the bad and the ugly!
- Read all the steps and notes below before starting this meditation.
- Get comfortable and completely relax remaining as still as you can. Notice your body breathing as if for the first time.
- Don’t be concerned if your mind is racing or thinking of this or that – let it – just choose to focus on your breathing for now
- Regardless of the activity in your mind, dedicate the next five minutes to allowing yourself to experience whatever comes up for you whether it’s thoughts, feelings, visions or emotions.
- Set a timer for 5 minutes (choose a gentle alarm!) and start when you are comfortable and ready.
- Allow everything, no matter how negative or positive; they are all merely ‘forms’ that belong in the manifest realm – they come and they go yet they are ALL vital for you to experience. Nothing is wrong or shouldn’t be. There are no mistakes. You are never ‘doing it wrong’ – there’s just what is!
- Without engaging in any effort nor with any striving, simply choose to experience that unconditional oneness with your source and look deeply with curiosity at whatever your experience is in this present moment.
- Notice yourself bathed in the unconditional love of your source – a love without ANY conditions attached!
- Notice the eyes of compassion and grace as you look – not with the ‘little me’ eyes with its conditions and judgements but seeing through the eyes of your unconditional source.
- Do this every day of the week
‘Strictly speaking, nobody has ever ‘healed’ anyone else. A true ‘healer’ simply remains present, providing a safe field in which unfamiliar and intense energies can be felt, bound-up emotions can be released, and we can come out of time, out of the drama and chaos of ‘My Life’, and breathe into our bodies, fall into our own presence, simplify.
Healing is not a destination, nor a special power in the hands of a few, it is the re-contacting of that which is already healed, already whole, beyond the healer and the healed – our true nature.’
- Jeff Foster
IN: Feel the air and smile,
OUT: feel the calm and relax
IN: breath into any knots and smile,
OUT: Let go of any deeper tension
IN: Feel the joy of NOW and smile, smile, smile
OUT: Relax, fall deeply into the arms of love! ❤
What a stunning day today in Writtle, great to see people enjoying the sunshine. The day was complete by a fabulous meditation session with great people – one fellow meditator was so relaxed, she snored! 🙂 I feel so privileged doing what I do and connecting with such lovely, like-minded souls. We did a mindful walking meditation this evening – walking to nowhere, for no reason; just the sheer joy . . . of walking! Click pic for more info . . .