The source of the universe is big enough to embrace all of you – the good, the bad and the ugly!
- Read all the steps and notes below before starting this meditation.
- Get comfortable and completely relax remaining as still as you can. Notice your body breathing as if for the first time.
- Don’t be concerned if your mind is racing or thinking of this or that – let it – just choose to focus on your breathing for now
- Regardless of the activity in your mind, dedicate the next five minutes to allowing yourself to experience whatever comes up for you whether it’s thoughts, feelings, visions or emotions.
- Set a timer for 5 minutes (choose a gentle alarm!) and start when you are comfortable and ready.
- Allow everything, no matter how negative or positive; they are all merely ‘forms’ that belong in the manifest realm – they come and they go yet they are ALL vital for you to experience. Nothing is wrong or shouldn’t be. There are no mistakes. You are never ‘doing it wrong’ – there’s just what is!
- Without engaging in any effort nor with any striving, simply choose to experience that unconditional oneness with your source and look deeply with curiosity at whatever your experience is in this present moment.
- Notice yourself bathed in the unconditional love of your source – a love without ANY conditions attached!
- Notice the eyes of compassion and grace as you look – not with the ‘little me’ eyes with its conditions and judgements but seeing through the eyes of your unconditional source.
- Do this every day of the week
Accept each moment as it is – rather than the story your mind tells you about it
- set your timer to 1 minute and be ready to press start
- Get ready on the count of 3 to recall from the last few days, a significant movement of energy in your body – 3-2-1; hold that memory.
- don’t be concerned if you cannot remember some or any of the details
- regardless of what your mind told you about it or is telling you now, dedicate the next minute to being absolutely still in honour of that energy movement. Start the timer.
- Do this every day this week
I wrote a poem today!
Dash to pieces the structures I’ve built,
Destroy my dreams to conquer my plight,
Show me how to love more deeply,
Wherever I hide, shine in your light.
Whatever I’ve fought, may I fully embrace,
And soften towards my one time foe.
Where my heart is closed, may it be open,
Where I still hold on, may I let it go.
Despatch your infinite supply of agents,
That I may trust the vibration of life.
Help me laugh at my serious thinking,
Humour amidst my trouble and strife.
Be my stillness in the violent storms,
Spare not the truth although I grieve.
Hold me tight when I stumble and falter,
Be my breath when I cannot breathe.
Let me experience the joy of living,
May presence be my resting place.
As I learn to feel, not just to feel better,
I gracefully decline this human race.