Discomfort signals a blockage of energy – the life force that flows through us.
- Read all the steps and notes below before starting this meditation.
- Get comfortable and completely relax remaining as still as you can. Notice your body breathing as if for the first time.
- Don’t be concerned if your mind is racing or thinking of this or that – let it – just choose to focus on your breathing for now
- Regardless of the activity in your mind, dedicate the next fifteen minutes to allowing yourself to experience whatever comes up for you whether it’s thoughts, feelings, visions or emotions.
- Set a timer for 15 minutes (choose a gentle alarm!) and start when you are comfortable and ready.
- Allow everything in this present moment, no matter how negative or how positive. Nothing is wrong or ‘shouldn’t be’. There are no mistakes, there’s just what is!
- Notice with curiosity any thoughts that may try to explain away your experience. It’s enough to simply notice these ‘explanations’ – especially any familiar or reoccurring ones.
- Without any effort or striving, you may also notice sensations or ‘shifts’ – notice them, but don’t try to nudge or force anything.
- Notice the eyes of compassion and grace, free from condemnation and judgement.
- Do this every day of the week