‘Cell (Eyes and Mirrors)’ by Louise Bourgeois displayed at The Tate Modern, London
‘Give up your need to know and in doing so, infinite knowledge opens up’
- Read all the steps and notes below before starting this meditation.
- Get comfortable and completely relax remaining as still as you can. Notice your body breathing like you have never noticed before.
- Don’t be concerned if your mind is racing or thinking of this or that – let it – just choose to focus on your breathing for now
- Regardless of the activity in your mind, dedicate the next fifteen minutes to allowing yourself to experience whatever comes up for you whether it’s thoughts, feelings, visions or emotions.
- Set a timer for 15 minutes (choose a gentle alarm!) and start when you are comfortable and ready.
- Allow everything in this present moment, no matter how negative or uncomfortable – it’s all energy flowing through your body.
- Now, without being concerned about any outcome, allow your whole focus to rest on your experience of being alive right now. Allow it all.
- Stay with the experience as you chant in your mind the mantra ‘I am’ over and over again.
- Let the mantra dissolve into a meaningless mumble – it doesn’t matter; what does is your undivided attention on your present moment experience. This is where your source dwells – the source of all knowledge and wisdom.
- Do this every day of the week